Engineering Co-op at Matcor Metal Fabrication
This past summer I have had the privilege of working in the engineering department at Matcor Metal Fabrication. During my time here I have had the opportunity to be a part of many interesting and challenging manufacturing/engineering related projects. Overall, I found it to be a very positive and rewarding learning experience.
What I Learned…
- New experience with:
- Laser / Plasma cutting machines
- Brake press / forming processes
- CNC / Machining operations
- Draftsight (2D CAD Software)
- Review of engineering drawings.
- Working with engineering dept. (understanding of PPAP and ECN processes)
- Working with shipping / receiving (understanding of routing / supply chain)
- Design of templates, fixtures, and GO/NO GO gauges for QA (in process / final)
- Creation of new internal standard title block for engineering drawings
- Standardization of processes / creation of standard work instructions
- Cycle time optimization of robot grinding cell
- Design of experiments, data collection, and analysis
- Optimization of CMS stations and reporting processes
- Creation and management of new ticket system for tracking and correcting production reporting errors
- Working with employees, management, and customers for continuous improvement in areas of safety, production, quality, etc.